I profess ignorance to the world of blogging 🙂 I started, more or less, on a whim because people kept asking us to give them pictures, or how things were going. So, when Project Patrol asked if I would accept the Liebster award for new bloggers, I was humbled, grateful and curious…. I immediately looked it up and liked what I saw. It is essentially a “chain letter” approach that gets new bloggers exposure. I call it paying it forward! If I have blogs that I follow and find interesting, perhaps others that have stumbled upon my blog will like it as well. After all, like most things in life – you gotta start somewhere, right?
Among the rules of the award I have found that a blogger must have less than 1000 (some have stated 200) followers and the person nominating gets to ask 10 questions that the nominee answers. In turn – when I nominate someone, they will answer 10 questions that I ask of them. I am not as efficient as Project Patrol… I do not have the 10 people lined up yet (although I have a pretty good idea of who they will be 🙂 ), nor do I have my questions formulated as yet.
But in the spirit of the award – here are the answers to the questions posited to me:
- How has blogging helped you? It keeps me focused – sort of… LOL I have worked out many issues in my head (and there are a lot of issues floating in my head) by putting it in the blog. 😀
- Have you ever been on TV whether local or national? Yes – background fodder.
- What is your favorite time of year and why? Asking me to pick favorite anything is like asking me to choose from a menu — it depends on my mood. 🙂 However, I will say I love the spring because of the ‘newness’ and – as allergic as I am – the blossoms are amazing. A close second is fall because of the relief from the summer heat and the colors.
- If you could have/pick a super power, what would it be? I already have one 🙂
- What’s your favorite animal? No way – I can’t do it! I can tell you that legless lizards (snakes) are my least favorite – to the point of an irrational phobia.
- If you could only bring one item with you (wherever you’re going) what would it be? Well they are not a thing, but my family, or at least Kem. He is my best friend, husband, lover, confidant… world.
- Would you rather scuba dive or sky dive? Scuba! Airplanes are not meant to jump out of (!) and there is such a phenomenal world to be seen under the waves.
- When is the last time you wrote a handwritten letter to someone? About a month ago. It is such a lost art!
- Have you ever had a pen pal? Nope
- What is a goal you’re working towards? To be able to provide our family with nutritious food, shelter and clothing (basic necessities) without either of us going to a ‘normal’ job… in other words, to love our everyday life and where we are in it.
Again, thanks for the nod Project Patrol, and those of you that I read religiously – be aware, an invite is probably headed your way.